Family Medicine Physician
- Req #: 1542
- Samaritan Pacific Health Serv
- PCH Health Center – Newport
- Family Medicine
- Full Time
Samaritan Health Services has an opportunity for a Family Medicine Physician to join our team
Samaritan Health Services - a non-profit integrated health care delivery system, is seeking a full time Family Medicine Physician to join the Samaritan Health Center in Newport, OR. Samaritan Health Center is located at recently constructed Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital, serving the residents and tourists of Depoe Bay, Newport, Toledo, Waldport and Yachats.
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
- Join a team of 5 primary care providers, 2 mental health providers, care coordinator and support staff.
- 16-18 patients per day
- Rotating phone weekend call with nurse triage line
- 34 patient contact hours
- Will work with residents
- Samaritan Health Center is a designated Rural Health clinic and Patient Centered Medical Home.
- Ability to diagnose and treat immediate care needs and chronic conditions. Preferred procedures include skin biopsy, derm treatments, joint injections and aspirations.
- Should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented.
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Board certified or board eligible
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice, CME allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefit package.
Nestled between the Coast Range and the beautiful blue Pacific Ocean, Newport boasts some of the most breathtaking scenery on the central Oregon Coast with vast stretches of rugged cliffs, lush vegetation and sandy beaches. The temperate coastal climate allows for a variety of activities year-round including hiking, whale watching, golfing, shopping, deep-sea fishing and surfing.
As the largest city in Lincoln County with 10,000 residents, Newport hosts a variety of cultural events through an active performing arts center and museums rich in history. Families and tourists alike can appreciate the banquet of activities, culture and natural beauty Newport offers.