Health Psychologist- Cardiology
- Req #: 1504
- Good Samaritan Regional Md Ctr
- GSR Cardiology Phys
- Full Time
Samaritan Health Services has an opportunity for a Behavioral Health Psychologist
Samaritan Health Services a non-profit integrated health care delivery system, is seeking a full time Behavioral Health Psychologist to join our team in Corvallis, OR. Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center is a 188-bed medical facility located in Corvallis, Oregon, United States. The only hospital in the city, it is a level II trauma center, and serves as the regional hub for Benton, Lincoln and Linn counties.
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
- 50% Cardiology & 50% Endocrinology
- 4 days/wk (10hrs/day, M-Th) or 5 days/wk (8hrs/day M-Fr)
- Consult and collaborate on a multidisciplinary team to provide integrated on-site care, recommendations, and feedback to medical providers and allied staff
- Have a clearly distinguished role from specialty mental health therapist practice model
- Practice in a population based practice management strategy with flexibility to be interrupted to respond to urgent/emergency situations and “curb-side consults”
- Utilize brief behavioral visits (20-30 minutes), limited to 1-6 visits, which are provided in the primary care practice area and are seen as a routine primary care service
- Provide assessments, screening, or intervention services for 10 patient per day for a 5 days/wk or 12.5 patients per day with 4 days/wk with the primary goal of assisting the providers with identification, treatment, and management of mental and behavioral health concerns.
- Consults on mild to moderate psychological distress, behavioral problems/conditions, exacerbating chronic medical conditions including chronic pain.
- Day shift with no call coverage
- Doctoral Level Degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in clinical psychology from an APA accredited institution – Health Psychology emphasis preferred
- Current Oregon Licensure or license eligible (Psychologist post-doctoral residents will be assessed on a case-by-case basis)
- 2 to 3 years of experience in Health Psychology
- Knowledge in working with patients who have chronic health conditions
- Eligibility to work in the United States
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice, CME allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefit package.
Physicians and their families will appreciate the abundant outdoor recreation opportunities available in the Willamette Valley, as well as proximity to the pristine Oregon Coast, the Cascade Mountains for snow sports, and Portland, Oregon’s largest city – all within two hours! Experience the unmatched quality of life that our area has to offer.