- Req #: 1505
- Good Samaritan Regional Md Ctr
- GSR Neurosurgery
- Neurological Surgery
- Full Time
Samaritan Health Services has an opportunity for a Neurosurgeon
Samaritan Health Services a non-profit integrated health care delivery system, is seeking a full time Neurosurgeon to join our team in Corvallis, OR. Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center is a 188-bed medical facility located in Corvallis, Oregon, United States. The only hospital in the city, it is a level II trauma center, and serves as the regional hub for Benton, Lincoln and Linn counties. Samaritan Neurosurgery provides advanced care for treatment of brain, spine and peripheral nerve injuries and disease.
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
- Seeking a skilled neurosurgeon with complex spine surgical expertise to be part of a collaborative clinical practice specializing in spine/cervical/cranial/tumor
- Established team of 3 Neurosurgeons, 2 Ortho-Spine Surgeons and 2 Physician Assistants
- Call is 1:4 approximately 7-9 days a month
- Three clinic days and on OR day- could change to two clinic days and two OR days. We have a mix of elective and trauma patients. The most frequent cases are lumbar laminectomy for stenosis, laminectomy for disc, anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. Instrumented correction of spinal deformity, and then craniotomy for hematoma, craniotomy for tumor and shunt placement
- Approximately 70% spine surgery 30% cranial surgery
- Board certified in Neurosurgery; five years experience referred
- Should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented.
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Board certified or board eligible
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice, CME allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefit package.
Physicians and their families will appreciate the abundant outdoor recreation opportunities available in the Willamette Valley, as well as proximity to the pristine Oregon Coast, the Cascade Mountains for snow sports, and Portland, Oregon’s largest city – all within two hours! Experience the unmatched quality of life that our area has to offer.