LCSW, LPC, Psychologist
- Req #: 1503
- Good Samaritan Regional Md Ctr
- GSR Mental Health
- Full Time
Samaritan Health Services has an opportunity for an LPC C/A
Samaritan Health Services is seeking a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, or Licensed Clinical/Counseling Psychologist to join our Outpatient Mental Health providers serving children and adolescents in three counties across mid-Oregon. At Samaritan Outpatient Mental Health, we are proud to provide collaborative care using a multidisciplinary team which includes a variety of theoretical approaches, psychiatry, and disciplines.
Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center is a 188-bed medical facility located in Corvallis, Oregon, United States. The only hospital in the city, it is a level II trauma center, and serves as the regional hub for Benton, Lincoln and Linn counties.
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
- Provide individual, group and family counseling and education including; assessment/diagnosis, appropriate brief/time-sensitive treatment, client-related written reports and data collection as appropriate. Serve primary clients aged 4 to 24 years
- Coordinates care with other providers and agencies as needed
- Coordinates referral processes as needed
Leadership and Training
- Views therapy sessions of trainees, prepare and deliver teaching seminars, and co-leads therapy groups as appropriate
- Provides counseling supervision, mentorship and training to psychiatry residents and child and adolescent psychiatry fellows as needed.
- May participate in quality improvement projects, research projects, and General Medical Education (GME) activities within the department as appropriate
- Participates in committee work and community presentations
- Attends CEU’s to maintain licensure and current standards of care
- Attends and participates in regular staff meetings, professional consultations and administrative education
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned
- Currently licensed/license eligible in Oregon in psychology, social work, or other appropriate clinical therapy and must meet credentialing standards
- Experience with evidence based, short term psychotherapy modalities
- Knowledge of ethical standards and Oregon state law pertaining to the practice of therapy for the specific license held
- Multicultural awareness and skills in a clinical setting
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary setting including medical and mental health services
- Teaching/instruction/outreach preferred
- Knowledge/experience with electronic medical records and HIPAA
- Group therapy experience
- Ability to do therapy in Spanish preferred
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice, CME allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefit package.
Physicians and their families will appreciate the abundant outdoor recreation opportunities available in the Willamette Valley, as well as proximity to the pristine Oregon Coast, the Cascade Mountains for snow sports, and Portland, Oregon’s largest city – all within two hours! Experience the unmatched quality of life that our area has to offer.