Certified Nurse Midwife
- Req #: 1543
- Good Samaritan Regional Md Ctr
- GSR OB-GYN
- Full Time
Samaritan Health Services has an opportunity for a Certified Nurse Midwife
Samaritan Health Services a non-profit integrated health care delivery system, is seeking a full time Certified Nurse Midwife to join our team in Corvallis, OR. Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center is a 188-bed medical facility located in Corvallis, Oregon, United States. The only hospital in the city, it is a level II trauma center, and serves as the regional hub for Benton, Lincoln and Linn counties.
Our obstetrics and gynecology providers offer complete women’s health care for all stages of your life – adolescence, adulthood, pregnancy, motherhood, menopause and beyond. We strive to provide evidenced-based care and have been nationally recognized by ACNM as a best practice in 2018 for our low primary cesarean section rate and in 2019 for our high VBAC success rates.
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
- Full scope midwifery and well women care
- 50 births per month
- First call for triage and deliveries, extra duties while on call include inpatient rounds, first assist with c-sections, triage labor and delivery management.
- Join a team of 5 physicians and 6 Certified Nurse Midwives
- 12 shifts per month – a shift is defined as either a clinic shift or 24 call coverage.
- 15-25 patients a day in the clinic
- Work with, teach and supervise residents and midwifery students
- Participate in centering pregnancy groups
- Preferred skills include limited OB ultrasound, IUD placements, first assist with c-sections.
- Two or more years of experience preferred
- American Midwifery Board Certification
- Oregon Nursing License
- Should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented.
- Eligibility to work in the United States
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice, CME allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefit package.
Physicians and their families will appreciate the abundant outdoor recreation opportunities available in the Willamette Valley, as well as proximity to the pristine Oregon Coast, the Cascade Mountains for snow sports, and Portland, Oregon’s largest city – all within two hours! Experience the unmatched quality of life that our area has to offer.