Designated Institutional Officer (DIO)
- Req #: 1560
- Good Samaritan Regional Md Ctr
- GSR GME - Graduate Med Ed Prgm
- Full Time
Samaritan Health Services has an opportunity for an ACGME Designated Institutional Officer (DIO)
Samaritan Health Services is seeking a DIO to join our Graduate Medical Education team in Corvallis, Oregon. Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center is a 188-bed medical facility located in Corvallis, Oregon, United States. As the only hospital in the city, it is a level II trauma center, and serves the Linn, Benton, and Lincoln County area.
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
- Serves as the senior clinician leader for Samaritan Health Services’ GME programs providing clinician leadership in areas of faculty development, quality and scholarly activities, strategic planning, faculty and resident engagement, communication and System alignment with the Samaritan Hospitals and Medical Group. Works in collaboration with assigned dyad-Director Medical Education. Supervises and mentors Program Directors from the ACGME programs and provides clinician leadership for all GME programs.
- Monitors compliance and works with the GME partners in the development of action plans for improvement. Aligns GME goals with Samaritan Health Services goals and objectives to foster a culture of collaboration across the health system.
- Provide leadership in support of the long-term strategic plan of GME and develops new plans as needed in coordination with changing needs of graduate learners, Healthcare Leadership and community partners.
- Works to develop and foster a culture of zero harm and continuous learning. Collaborate with SHS Quality and Research Departments to foster alignment of faculty and resident scholarly activities with that of the SI’s Quality Improvement and Patient Safety goals. Encourage the pursuit of scholarly activity through programmatic support and mentorship.
- Position is 1FTE with .5FTE GME and .5FTE clinical designation.
- Current Oregon Licensure or license eligible
- Prior experience in GME leadership such as Program Director or equivalent required
- Board certified as applicable
- Ability to work in the US
- Advance training in medical education such as the MERITS fellowship training program, masters in health professions education or equivalent extensive training in medical education scholarship; additional CLER-related training in topics such as quality improvement, safety, professionalism as well as experience in graduate medical education leadership is preferred.
Physicians and their families will appreciate the abundant outdoor recreation opportunities available in the Willamette Valley, as well as proximity to the pristine Oregon Coast, the Cascade Mountains for snow sports, and Portland, Oregon’s largest city – all within two hours! Come experience the unmatched quality of life that our area has to offer.