Nurse Practitioner- Hospice
- Req #: 1576
- Samaritan Albany General Hosp
- AGH Hospice Inpatient
- Hospice/Palliative Care
- Full Time
Samaritan Health Services has an opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to join our Samaritan Evergreen Hospice Team in Albany
Samaritan Health Services is looking for a nurse practitioner to join our team at Samaritan Evergreen Hospice in Albany, Oregon. Samaritan Evergreen Hospice supports patients and their families in end of life care through a holistic and collaborative model. Samaritan Evergreen Hospice serves patients in the mid- valley and coast including surrounding communities in Benton, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Polk and Tillamook counties. Average daily census is 183 (144 valley, 39 coast). Samaritan Evergreen Hospice operates one of three hospice houses in the state in a 12 bed inpatient facility serving patients who require acute symptom management.
The qualified applicant will work with the current medical team including a medical director, two nurse practitioners, and per diem physicians.
- 1.0 FTE
- Day shift (8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) Flexibility to work some shifts remotely as census allows
- Call schedule/coverage: 4-6 call shifts monthly including up to one weekend per month
- Clinical work to include a mixture of the following:
- Medical management of outpatient census with hospice team
- Daily rounds at Samaritan Evergreen Hospice House for acute symptom management
- Assisting with Oregon Vital Events Registration System (OVERS) for death certificates
- Face-to-Face visits in the field
- Oregon Nurse Practitioner License with current certification as FNP (preferred); may consider ANP certification
- BLS certification
- ACHPN certification preferred or ability to obtain within 1 year
- Hospice experience preferred but willing to consider and train an appropriate candidate
- Excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing team-oriented care
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Licensed in the state of Oregon
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice, CME allowance, Electronic Medical Record (Epic) and a competitive benefits package.
Our clinicians and their families will appreciate the abundant outdoor recreation opportunities available in the Willamette Valley, as well as proximity to the pristine Oregon Coast, the Cascade Mountains for snow sports, and Portland, Oregon’s largest city – all within two hours! Experience the unmatched quality of life that our area has to offer.