- Req #: 1578
- Samaritan Pacific Health Serv
- PCH Surgical Associates
- General Surgery
- Full Time - M2DF
Samaritan Health Services in Oregon has an opportunity for a General Surgeon
Samaritan Health Services a non-profit integrated health care delivery system, is seeking a full time General Surgeon to join our 3 physician team in Newport, OR. Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital, established in 1952, is home to a recently constructed 25-bed critical access hospital. The hospital located in the coastal community of Newport, Oregon, serves residents and tourists of Depoe Bay, Newport, Toledo, Waldport and Yachats.
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
- Be part of a 3-physician team with CMA support
- 10 to 20 patients per day
- 10 days of call per month
- Monday – Friday, 8 to 5 p.m.
- Opportunity to teach residents
- Must be proficient in general surgery and upper and lower endoscopy
- 1+ years of experience preferred
- Proficiency in GI colonoscopy/endoscopy and laparoscopy.
- ACLS/PALS Certified
- Should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented.
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Board certified or board eligible
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice, CME allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefit package.
Nestled between the Coast Range and the beautiful blue Pacific Ocean, Newport boasts some of the most breathtaking scenery on the central Oregon Coast with vast stretches of rugged cliffs, lush vegetation and sandy beaches. The temperate coastal climate allows for a variety of activities year-round including hiking, whale watching, golfing, shopping, deep-sea fishing and surfing.
As the largest city in Lincoln County with 10,000 residents, Newport hosts a variety of cultural events through an active performing arts center and museums rich in history. Families and tourists alike can appreciate the banquet of activities, culture and natural beauty Newport offers.