Associate Program Director-Family Medicine
- Req #: 1582
- Samaritan Pacific Health Serv
- PCH Health Center – Newport
- Family Medicine
- Full Time
Samaritan Health Services in Oregon has an opportunity for a Family Medicine Residency Associate Program Director
Samaritan Health Services a non-profit integrated health care delivery system, is seeking a Family Medicine residency Associate Program Director to join our team in Newport, OR. Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital, established in 1952, is home to a recently constructed 25-bed critical access hospital-the site of a Rural Training Track in development. The hospital located in the coastal community of Newport, Oregon, serves residents and tourists of Depoe Bay, Newport, Toledo, Waldport and Yachats.
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
- Coordinates, collaborates, and communicates effectively with the program director for effective program training and success.
- Direct administrative involvement and formal and informal relationship building with paid and volunteer faculty, staff, and community members.
- Participates in Program Evaluation Committee meetings, Clinical Competency Committee meetings, faculty development and administrative meetings as necessary, including via video conference at residency’s quarterly graduate medical education committee.
- Local physician leadership for medical students interested in the rural training track, the resident matching process, and associated interview days.
- Ensures implementation of curriculum, local didactic program, and ongoing academic performance improvement and faculty development.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Family Medicine
- Five years’ experience working with residents and medical students
- Should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented.
- Eligibility to work in the United States
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice, CME days plus allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefit package.
Nestled between the Coast Range and the beautiful blue Pacific Ocean, Newport boasts some of the most breathtaking scenery on the central Oregon Coast with vast stretches of rugged cliffs, lush vegetation and sandy beaches. The temperate coastal climate allows for a variety of activities year-round including hiking, whale watching, golfing, shopping, deep-sea fishing and surfing.
As the largest city in Lincoln County with 10,000 residents, Newport hosts a variety of cultural events through an active performing arts center and museums rich in history. Families and tourists alike can appreciate the banquet of activities, culture and natural beauty Newport offers.